Krishnagar Govt. College
Admission Rules and Regulations for the PG (M.A and M.Sc course) Admission 2019-20
1. Applications are to be accepted only through the online procedure.
2. Applicants have to provide email address and mobile number (active) in the application form. Personal email ID and mobile number (active) of the applicant is mandatory for submission of application.
3. Name of the Applicant (in BLOCK LETTERS) are to be filled up according to the admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
4. Category: Please select General, Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Physically Handicapped (PH), OBC (A), OBC (B).
5. The Date of Birth is to be written according to the admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
6. Year of passing (last qualifying Exam): The last qualifying Exam should be Regular undergraduate (UG) 3 years B.A /B.Sc Hons. Examination from an UGC recognized University. Candidates passing B.A/B.Sc. (Hons.) in the year 2019, 2018 and 2017 are only eligible to apply for PG course.
7. The number of seats in each subject is fixed. Candidates will be selected according to the Marks obtained in the respective subject at B.A/B.Sc (Hons) examination.
8. The admission to the postgraduate courses is to be made online. Candidates are strictly instructed NOT to report to the college for counselling.
9. Candidates whose name appeared in merit list if not responded within the stipulated time will lose their candidature automatically. The vacancy in different streams after the first phase of online admission will be notified in the website only.
10. 2% marks will be deducted from the aggregate of the candidates who passed the B.A/B.Sc (Hons) examination exams before the current year according to the rule of the University of Kalyani.
11. Essential testimonials like mark sheet of B.A/B.Sc (Hons) examination, Secondary admit card of Class 10 (age proof), caste/disability certificates/ documents for sports (district or higher level) quota as applicable are required to be uploaded during application.
12. Caste Certificates (whenever applicable) issued only by appropriate authority of the Government of West Bengal will be considered valid.
13. Percentage of reservation to each reserved category follows the GO (No. 267-Edn (U/1U-89/13 dated 04.03.14) of Government of West Bengal, Higher Education Department.
14. Verification of documents will be done only when the students report for classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line. This is according to the rule of the Government of West Bengal and the University of Kalyani.
15. The candidates who have taken admission elsewhere are admitted to this college provisionally. However, transfer certificate or admission cancellation certificate from the previous institution must be submitted within the stipulated time as fixed by the College. Admission to this college otherwise may be treated as cancel.
16. All admissions are provisional until the University of Kalyani approves.