Krishnagar Govt. College
Admission Rules and Regulations for the UG (Honours and Programme General Course) Admission 2019-20
1. Applications are to be accepted only through the online procedure.
2. Applicants have to provide email address and mobile number (active) in the application form. Personal email ID and mobile number (active) of the applicant is mandatory for submission of application.
3. Separate application forms are to be filled up for Honours and General streams.
4. For Honours subject the applicant may apply for maximum three alternative Honours subject in one form.
5. Name of the Applicant (in BLOCK LETTERS) are to be filled up according to the admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
6. Category: Please select General, Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Physically Handicapped (PH), OBC (A), OBC (B).
7. The Date of Birth is to be written according to the admit card of Madhyamik or equivalent examinations.
8. Council/ Board/ University: The name of the Higher Secondary Council or the equivalent exam is to be written for admission in B. A/ B. Sc course.
9. Year of passing (last qualifying Exam): The year of passing of the last qualifying Exam (H.S or equivalent exams) is to be written for admission in B.A/ B.Sc course. Candidates passing H.S. (10+2) or equivalent in the year 2019, 2018 and 2017 are only eligible to apply for UG course.
10. Marks Aggregate in H.S. or Equivalent Exam: The numbers of the Best 5 (FIVE) Subjects are to be considered as Aggregate Marks and the percentage is to be calculated out of 500.
11. The number of seats in each subject is fixed. Candidates will be selected according to the result in the H.S or equivalent exams.
12. Merit list will be prepared uniformly on the basis of the following criteria:
(i) In case of Honours courses: Aggregate (as per previous explanation) plus the marks obtained in the subject in which he/she intends to take up honours or related subject.
(ii) In case of Programme /General courses: Merit list will be prepared on the basis of aggregate
13. The admission to the Honours and General streams are to be made online. Candidates are strictly instructed NOT to report to the college for counselling.
14. Candidates whose name appeared in merit list at different phases of admission if not responded within the stipulated time will lose their candidature automatically. The vacancy in different streams after the first phase of online admission will be notified in the website only.
15. The students passed in the Vocational Streams of H.S. (10+2) cannot apply for the Honours subjects but eligible for General program course provided that the candidate must have passed in 5 (five) recognized subjects, of which one shall be English, in the previous qualifying examination.
16. 2% marks will be deducted from the aggregate of the candidates who passed the H.S or equivalent exams before the current year according to the rule of the University of Kalyani.
17. Essential testimonials like mark sheet of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent, Secondary admit card of Class 10 (age proof), caste/disability certificates/ documents for sports (district or higher level) quota as applicable are required to be uploaded during application.
18. Caste Certificates (whenever applicable) issued only by appropriate authority of the Government of West Bengal will be considered valid.
19. Percentage of reservation to each reserved category follows the GO (No. 267-Edn (U/1U-89/13 dated 04.03.14) of Government of West Bengal, Higher Education Department.
20. Verification of documents will be done only when the students report for classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line. This is according to the rule of the Government of West Bengal and the University of Kalyani.
21. After document verification and before registration, students have to submit a bond containing declaration against ragging as per UGC Guideline. College will announce the date and venue regarding this process in time.
22. The candidates who have taken admission elsewhere are admitted to this college provisionally. However, transfer certificate or admission cancellation certificate from the previous institution must be submitted within the stipulated time as fixed by the College. Admission to this college otherwise may be treated as cancel.
23. Candidates must full fill 90% of attendance within first ten (10) days of commencement of their classes. Their admission otherwise will be treated as cancelled. Only special cases will be considered in this matter provided the students inform the college authority in advance with written document.
24. All admissions are provisional until the University of Kalyani approves.
N.B. For the details of eligibility criteria regarding admission in 1st year for Honours and General courses follow the link: http://www.klyuniv.ac.in/upload/cbcs/Admision%20Rule-UG-CBCS-Final-23.5.18.pdf